Cleaning all of the excess plastic was difficult due to the size and endless contours of the three soldiers. Painting went fairly well except for the soldiers eyes which I used a sewing needle to create the pupils, one of the soldiers eyes had to be redone three times before I was satisfied.
Because the scale model is just a mortar with three soldiers I needed to create a base and therefore this project became my first diorama. I used a small picture frame that I filled up with clay and sculpted it to give it a natural terrain look. I then applied Scenic railroad sand, added a rock that I found in my drive way and a small Scenic bush.