Since I have completed the initial parts of the hangar deck I have been preparing the hull itself. Before I can glue the hangar deck I need to drill holes for the two pedestals and pass two wires for the LED's to be installed later on.
While working on the hull I started to examine the propeller shafts and rudders where after a bit of research I found the following errors:
- ARII kit comes with four rudders, Midway only had two.
- The four propellers have five blades each, in reality the two exterior propellers have only four blades, not five.
- The two inner propellers center are flat and not round like the exterior ones.
- The hull's keel splits in two towards the stern (back end) where the two inner shafts connect, in the model there is only one keel on the center (this will be a challenge to correct).
Correcting the rudders should not be too difficult, modifying the propellers will be a bit of a challenge. I will also try to add the metal lines which I suspect are used to guide water flow which lay between the propellers and the propeller shafts.