Completed work on Midway's two Sikorsky SH-3 Sea King's. I estimate that I spent about an hour per helicopter. Added photoetched rotars from Gold Medal Models and the decals are from Starfighter decals.
Monday, September 3, 2012
Saturday, September 1, 2012
This afternoon I weathered the Schwimmwagen using Tamiya Weathering Master A Set (sand), applied a coat of flat clear, added the final parts (windshield frame, mirrors, etc), weathered some more then applied a second coat of flat clear. Tonight I installed the windshield to the frame using Elmer's white glue and this kit /project comes to an end after being purchased some 10+ years ago.
I added up the minutes from my records and the total build time comes down to 1281 minutes or 21 hours and 21 minutes. Its a lot more time then I expected but I had extra rework to due because of initial painting I did when I originally purchased the kit and I paid a lot of attention to detail based on the research I did. Overall I am very please with the kit. It's a very small one (smallest in my collection) but the fact that I bought it over a decade ago always nagged me when I saw it unbuilt on the shelf. WW2 German innovation has always peaked great interest for me and what could be more interesting then a car that can swim.