Tonight I attached the two air intakes which required a clamp to ensure they both stayed aligned. This kit is finally starting to look like an Intruder!
Monday, September 23, 2013
As previously stated, there is not much to paint on this kit... One of the last details to add is the color of the nose antenna. Casey wanted it to be a dark grey color and I was impressed at how well he painted it making sure not to touch the nose of the aircraft with a very steady hand.
Sunday, September 22, 2013
I finally have the fuselage of the A-6 closed, the center piece where the fuel tank will be attached was a bit tricky since the two halves of the aircraft did not have a perfect alignment but I managed to get it right. The lower part of the belly of the Intruder with the tailhook was much easier as it snapped in place holding tight with no glue initially.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Just like the F-14 me and Casey made last year I decided to keep things simple and use the same Tamiya spray can to paint the fuselage. It's a nice classic grey color for a military aircraft.
Monday, September 2, 2013
With the help of Casey I glued the upper and lower wings to the fuselage. I found the fit was not great (what do you expect with a Revell level 1 snap kit) so I used several clamps to make sure it looks good once the glue has dried.