Completed adding the support pieces for the wing struts, this wing is starting to take shape!
Monday, July 28, 2014
Friday, July 25, 2014
Sunday, July 20, 2014
Started work on the 27.5" wings and they are very large, so large that they passed my sheet of cardboard underneath the plan by just a small amount. Casey and Terry are often checking to see what's new with the kit as the build is going very fast, glad to see they have an interest in the project.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Completed the horizontal stabilizer tonight. While working on it I noticed something in the plan which can be seen in the photo, the propeller has three blades yet the kit has a two blade version. After doing some reading I found out that I am supposed to make a three blade version out of balsa wood based on the two bade version! I'm not a happy camper...
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Well the two halves of the body are not in place and Terry is already amazed at it's size (as well as me). I've gotten used to the new super glue and have a feeling that I will be able to build this kit fairly fast. Once thing that I am doing that I did not do back in 2009 on the DR I Fokker is sand all the part numbers on the pieces. I recalled having to add extra coats of paint because I could see the numbers through the aircraft skin, an issue I want to avoid this time round.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Added the first set of ribs to the hull of the aircraft and used a new "Gorilla Super Glue" since the UHU glue used on my previous balsa build is currently not available at the local hobby shop. It's really great and works well, only issue is that parts can be glued within a few seconds so I need to be precise on the first try.