Tails wings are back from the garage with a few fresh coats of paint, glued them to the body of the aircraft.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Unfortunately I realized that I forgot to paint the wings ailerons white as I relied on the box art of the kit and did not analyze the instructions properly. What tricked me is the artist who made the very nice box art added reflections that blended the grey color of the top wing with the white of the ailerons.
Same thing for the tail wings, the top should be white when I thought it was grey. I masked up the parts and will be heading back to my garage to apply a few coats of white…
Friday, August 22, 2014
Preparing to paint the final color on the body of the aircraft. Using a new technique I discovered where I use putty delimit the area I want to be masked. I then used Glad Press & Seal to cover the area I wanted to protect. The putty is round and will allow for a more natural gradient of paint when spraying.
I’ve seen some pretty nice results unsung similar techniques and am hoping for the same results…