Today I glued the aircraft that are to be in the hangar section while placing the potential positions of the aircraft on the main deck for future reference. The bulk of the aircraft in the hangar are six A-7 Corsairs II which are accompanied by three A-6 Intruders and a Marine Corps EA-6 Prowler.
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Monday, February 22, 2016
Tonight I finally go to install the Midway on its base, a major milestone for this project! Used a plastic level to ensure that everything is straight and tightened a nut to secure the custom L bracket in place from underneath from the brass posts in the stern section. The bow brass post will be glued in place as a hole needs to remain for the lighting wiring.
Friday, February 19, 2016
To help secure the ship to the base I decided to created an L bracket out of a piece of coat hanger and I attached a threaded rod using some super glue. Since I was not sure how the ship was to be attached to the base several years ago I had glued two straws for to guide the lighting wiring but now one of them needs to be removed. Using tweezers, a small screw driver and a lot of patience I was able to free the small straw from the glue to make space for the L bracket.
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
A few days ago I realized that the elevator that is not attached to the deck had not been drilled with holes. Well while drilling I also realized that this needs to be painted with the same spray can that was used for the deck. So I went in my garage during my lunch break two days ago as I was working from home and gave it a few coats. I then painted by hand the light grey on the sides and underneath.