Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mounting the V-1 (first and second attempt)

With the V-1 complete I proceeded on gluing the plastic rod to the model with krazy glue. I tilted it at an angle and once dry I glued the plastic rod to the picture frame. Everything was going well until I started to manipulate the frame once the glue had dried; the V-1 snapped from the rod and fortunately unlike its real counterpart did not explode on impact. Sustaining no damage from the fall I glued a second time. Since the plastic rod was firmly glued to the base and that I had the V-1 at an angle, it was very hard to keep it in the correct position. I had to resort to using alligator clips and large Popsicle sticks as shown in the photo.

Friday, October 30, 2009

The Thin Black Line

After removing the 3M painter’s tape and leaving the Tamiya masking tape on the red section of the hull, I masked the grey area with more Tamiya tape. I then preceded to hand paint the black line with Tamiya XF-1 “Flat Black”. Looking at the photo below I am very pleased with the results!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Painting the Hull Grey

I used 3M painter’s masking tape on top of the Tamiya tape to cover large areas of the red hull as well as the inner hanger area/doors in preparation to airbrushing the rest of the hull grey.

Below is the freshly airbrushed hull where I used Tamiya XF-19 “Sky Grey” acrylic paint with X-20A Tamiya thinner.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hull Red

With the hull painted with Model Master Acrylic “Insignia Red” (Flat) FS331136, I masked the hull with Tamiya tape to proceed with the next step in painting the remainder of the hull grey. Unfortunately I masked it too high and had to start redo it because I did not leave enough space for the black line that will be painted between the red and grey sections.