Thursday, November 16, 2017

Adding some Cork

Using cork from a wine bottle I cut a piece off and drilled a hole in the middle to allow a metal shaft to be inserted. I then hot glued the cork into the interior on the radial engine which will allow me to add the center piece of the propeller which I will glue to the wooden rod that has a metal tack glued to the other end so that it would not slide out. 

Friday, November 3, 2017

Radial Engine Detailing

After quite a bit of work I have completed detailing the radial engine.After having some issues weathering the metal parts of the engine and repainting the whole part twice I think I got a pretty good result.

Initially I painted the engine parts aluminum color with acrylic paint but put a flat clear which made it completely dull looking and not the desired effect I was looking for. Once I repainted and put a gloss coat I tried some new Mig weathering products which gave it a nice look. I then added extra wiring to represent fuel lines using copper wiring.