Saturday, January 25, 2014

Clamp those Wings!

Today completed glueing together the lower and upper halves of each wing.

I started with the right wing yesterday which required seven clamps to make sure everything was aligned properly since the pegs that are designed to go into the holes inside the wings are very small and easily slips out of position.

The left wing which I worked on today required five clamps since the fit was better then on the right wing.

I tested the wings on the hull of the aircraft to give me an idea of how it would look like when complete and my first reaction was amazement from the sheer size of the kit!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Bombs, Bombs and More Bombs!

The two white hardpoints (weapon stations) are finally complete and to my surprise was actually a much longer process then I had initially expected when purchasing the kit de to all the small parts.

Each of the twelve Mark 81 general purpose bombs (nicknamed "Firecracker") have two clamps that were painted aluminum for a total of twenty four. These needed to be aligned and glued to the two white weapon stations. My A-6 Intruder will ultimately have the two hardpoints plus three drop tanks as depicted on the box of the model.