Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gold Medal Models

Today I placed an order with "Loren Perry Gold Medal Models" www.goldmm.com for photo etched parts and a decal sheet to be used on the U.S.S. Midway. I was a bit disappointed that the site does not accept a direct credit card payments and initially I thought I would have to create a money order but fortunetly they do accept PayPal now.

I have ordered the following:
  • 1/720 Scale USN SUPER CARRIER ($20)
  • 1/700 Naval Figures ($6)
  • 1/700 USN NUCLEAR CARRIER DECALS ($9)
Shipping was only $2 and I had to add 3% of the total to cover for PayPal fees which is cheaper then having a Money Order created and I would also get my items faster!

I have done some research and despite not being 1/800 scale it has been proven by other modelers that the 1/700 scale can be adapted fairly well. See this interesting article from SteelNavy.com of how Mark Leonard built an ARII U.S.S. Midway with some of the exact same parts.

No comments: