Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Canons!

After long debating if I replace the 10" cannons with cannon and missile launchers I decided to keep them as I could not find any aftermarket items in this scale nor could I scratch build them due to the small size despite some initial efforts. Assembly was fairly simple as the cannons are composed of two halves, 3 coats of sky grey later and  a dot of flat black on the barrel tip they were ready for installation. The first one placed in the front had no issues but the next one in the back right was too tall and could not fit in under the main deck so I removed about 1mm in the cannon turret height with an exacto, the last one located in the back left had no issues. Despite wanting to have the missiles the cannons look very good and still well represent the Midway as she would have appeared in the early 80's.

No comments: