Saturday, October 15, 2016

Island Markings

Spent most of the week cutting and placing very tiny decals of the various awards that the Midway has received as well as other fine details. At one point a white letter E on the port side came off and was lost due to me manipulating the island! Fortunately the Gold Medal Models "USN Supercarrier Decals" set included several aircraft carrier names. I was able to find a near identical letter E from the decal sheet. The "BEWARE OF JET BLAST PROPS AND ROTORS" decal was tricky as it was the "PROPS" was initially "PROPELLERS" so I turned one decal into four so that I could remove the "ELLER" from "PROPELLERS". Lastly I decided to paint with a red dot the eight enemy aircraft shot down by Midway's air wings as no such decals were provided and printing decals at 1/800 scale seemed almost ridiculous due to the tiny size.




No comments: