Wednesday, November 16, 2016

It's Finished!!!

With construction of this kit commencing on April 21st 2008 and terminating November 16th 2016, I am glad to finally say that the U.S.S. Midway is now complete! It has taken 8 years, 6 months and 26 days to build over a period of 171 hours and 39 minutes which does not take into consideration all the research I performed. I have also built several other kits in between and have had many changes/challenges in my life such as the addition of my second (Terry) and third (Andy) sons as well as having a new house built and a major back injury that put me out of work for six months.

Building the Midway has also taught me that perfection in scale model building can take out a lot of the fun in the hobby and I have learned to seek a more artistic route to better enjoy this past time.

No comments: